Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bias Halter Top


It's so nice to post something besides recipes!

I've been finishing knitting-in-progresses left and right. This is mainly because, thanks to the GF thing, the stiffness and pain that had been progressively ruining my knitting habit has greatly diminished. How amazing.

This pattern was from the Summer 2007 issue of Knit.1 - The Green Issue.

It looks pretty nice on the model! The construction is interesting, too - the neck straps (I don't know how else to describe them) and body are knit in halves, then joined at the front and back center seam. The bottom stitches are then picked up and ribbed.


I really liked the process of this, and I'm semi-satisfied with the finished product.

For some reason, I chose to knit this in Caron Simply Soft Tweed. Don't ask me why - it seemed like a great idea at the time. I have this habit of knitting interesting pieces in mediocre yarn, despite the fact that I spin. This turned out a little... fuzzy.

I still could have knit this with cheap yarn - Lion Cotton-Ease would have been a good choice. Or any bulky tape, something with a matte finish.

As it is, I don't think I'll wear this many times, although I will probably knit another version in a more appropriate yarn.

No comments: